About six months ago i finally got around to reupholstering Missy’s little armchair.
It was a little kids armchair that i picked up off the side of the road!
It was in bad condition, but the frame was in perfect condition, which is what i needed! : )
It was the first time that i had tried upholstering anything and i was actually really happy with the results.
I covered the chair with vintage material that i had found at a school gala. It was full of rich reds & oranges and looked great in our living room.
Well since then we’ve moved homes & Missy now has her own bedroom.
Her little armchair is perfect for her to sit in and read her books but no longer fits in with her girly, pink, slightly-eclectic bedroom.
So, yup, i decided to reupholster AGAIN! : )
This time i was more prepared!! : )
Hubby had bought me a new staple gun, as i had found my old one really hard to use with one hand, i had figured out that you can buy staples in different lengths!!!(yup! that’s how unprepared i was the first time!! : ) & i had cute, thick material that was more appropriate for upholstering.
I decided to keep the seat cushion loose at it will make cleaning easier.
This project took about 2 hours and the material was bought on sale from Spotlight for $6 ($2 per metre).
A great, reasonable quick project that has a big impact in a little girls room : )
This was a little taster of Missy’s bedroom.
It’s almost finished and then i’ll share the whole room! I just had the rug to make which will hopefully be ready to start very soon!! I’ve been collecting material and i think i almost have enough : D
We love our little chair!!
Hope you do too!!
~ Sally Xx
Linked up to: